Friday, July 24, 2015

RECIPE TIME: JERKED LAID OUT CHICKEN



Two things that I love??? Chicken and Jerked Seasonings. Without a about its my go to thing to cook and I actually feel like Bubba from Forrest Gump when I say:

Baked Chicken
Grilled Chicken
Oven Fried Chicken
Chicken Gumbo

No end in sight BUT I have a recipe that is sure to get your mouth to watering. Check out my recipe for LAID OUT CHICKEN:


Ingredients:

1 Whole Chicken *Preferably Organic*
Jerked Seasoning *I prefer Walkerswood Jerked Seasoning*
Olive Oil
2 Cast Iron Skillets *2nd skillet is optional*

Instructions:

  • Removed Chicken Neck/Liver from inside of bird and wash bird thoroughly. 
  • Turn bird breast side down and locate backbone going down the middle of the body.
  • Using sharp knife or kitchen shears cut around both sides of backbone and remove backbone. 
  • Liberally oil bird with olive oil *inside included*
  • Rub jerk seasonings to your desire and marinate for one hour.
  • Preheat oven to 410 degrees.
  • Pan Sear both sides of chicken in a VERY HOT cast-iron skillet 2-3 mins per side.
  • Place in oven, place other cast iron skillet on top of chicken *gives extra weight on chicken*  and cook for 35-45 mins or until chicken is full cooked. 
  • At the last 10 mins, remove cast iron from top of chicken and cook until finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment