Thursday, July 16, 2015

Loved the Chorizo Tacos So Much - I Came Home And Recreated It




We love a good lunch and we love an affordable and authentic option even more so when Mrs. Murray wanted a place like this?? I obliged.


I spotted this inconspicous little dive one day while driving down Park in Memphis. Check out my review via Yelp:

"Me and my wife were over at the Target doing some shopping and got the munchies. I mean what else is there to do after piling up ones basket with great bargains right?! I've heard about this place for a while now and decided to try it out. I really wasn't expecting much from the place because it's not in a ritzy spot but I was dead wrong. It's simple yet creative and that I like. The decor is common and that's ok. 

Anyways: 

You have various options when it's come to the carne tacos - pulled pork, chicken or my fav - beef or Chorizo *Sidenote* these tacos with the sauce Options will make you slap the sweetest grand mom* Listen, the tacos were so good?! I made them from scratch at home a few days later - Good Lawd!! 


Affordable, fresh and good - Go at lunchtime."

So after getting home and thinking about it - I decided to whip up my own version and added a side of healthy quinoa. 







Really Simple:

1. Mix ground turkey and pork chorizo *Don't judge* and cook in nice cast iron/reg skillet.
2. Add fresh chopped garlic, onion, bell peppers and desired seasonings to your taste. 
3. Drain fat from mixture. 
4. Heat and/or grill corn tortillas on until desired.
5. Cook quinoa based on instructions on package.
6. Assemble tacos and add fresh cilantro, salsa and cheese.
7. Add a side of quinoa. 


Cook each item based on your desire.  

No comments:

Post a Comment