Thursday, July 23, 2015

Wake Up Cast Iron - WAKE IT UP!!!



I love shopping and I make no apologies for it. It makes me happy and gives me this feeling of "YEAH BABY". My sister always tells me that I am out of control with my spending but not for reasons that you would think.




It's not about the latest custom made suit *Fav* or the bomb pair of high end creepers that would go perfectly with my suit but that's for a style drop moment for another blog site. I am actually talking about the bomb opportunity to snap up a nice cast iron skillet which makes any cook smile like a cheshire cat.



I love mine and have more than one BUT I find that my skillets began to rust which shut down my happy moment. I promptly called my momma and asked her how do I take care of this dilemma and momma came thru like always.

So here goes it:

Clean skillet and set on medium stove top heat. 

Once skillet is warmed and slight faint of smoke appears take off fire.



Pour 1 tablespoon of vegetable, canola oil or even the old school option of bacon fat into skillet. 

Use durable paper towel and wipe vigorously until you have a good shine but not too long. 



Place now oiled skillet back on fire and lower fire. Use more paper towels and wipe again. 

Set skillet to the side and allow to cool. 


Worked Wonders!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment