Friday, July 20, 2012

KALE is My KEEPER


Listen, I must admit that this eating right thing is not for the wimps. It is serious IF you are serious and can simply save you life. So many people are suffering from life threatening illnesses that can be turned around with a health lifestyle.




One of my favorite veggies in the entire world is a simple green item that does MAJOR work for your insides. Before embracing kale, I never really included vegetables into my diet but since I have? My body is looking and feeling quite nice.  Kale has amazing benefits that will help aid you in a healthy flow as well as keeping your insides clean, if you know what I mean.

Some of its benefits include:
1. Low in calories, high in fiber and has zero fat.
2. High In Iron.
3. High In Vitamins A,K, &C.
4. Helps lower cholesterol 
5. High in Fiber & Sulfur which helps in detoxify your body. 



Check out this incredible recipe for Kale and Grill Chicken that is sure to bring a smile to your stomachs eyes.

Ingredients:
1 batch of package fresh Kale
2/4 cup shredded cheese -Your Choice
Minced garlic
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast
Ground black pepper
Red Pepper Flakes
10 slices of Turkey bacon

Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). 

Prepare kale in a large glass bowl and saute in light olive oil for five minutes. Add cheese, garlic and pepper flakes.  

Lay the chicken breasts out on a clean surface, slice open and spoon some of the kale mixture onto each one. Roll up chicken to enclose the spinach, then wrap each chicken breast with two slices of turkey bacon. Use toothpicks if chicken needs firmer closing.

Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, use broiler to cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.





I personally believe that Kale is a gift from God and should be eaten as much as possible. It has certainly helped me feel amazing. I must go now, the treadmill is calling my name. 


WISH ME LUCK!!!


Darian

No comments:

Post a Comment