Friday, July 17, 2015

My Aunt Zola Would Be Proud - Homemade Spaghetti Sauce




My aunt Zola would be so freakin proud of me right now. My aunt was the hostess with the mostest when I was a kid and best believe she did it with style. My uncle taught me how to be a stylish young man but aunt Zola showed me them pots and pans.

As amazing as she was her homemade spaghetti sauce was most amazing than she was. A few weeks ago I had a moment where I was sitting in my man cave and literally could smell her famous sauce and got my keys and went to the market. 

So here goes it:

Ingredients:

4 -5 Huge Tomatoes (Smaller Ones will work as well)
1 Jalapeño Pepper
Garlic
Onions
Bell Peppers
Olive Oil
Turkey Meat
Turkey Breakfast Sausage
Red Pepper Flakes
Salt & Pepper
Cajun Seasoning


Instructions:


Saute chopped Garlic, Onions, Jalapeño and Bell Peppers in deep pot until desired consistency. 



Chop tomatoes in quarters and squeeze into big bowl until the mixture has liquid consistency.



Add tomatoes into pot with garlic and onion mixture and bring to a boil.





Combine turkey meat and turkey sausage in separate skillet and drain grease residue and set aside.



Simmer tomatoes for 1 - 2 hours on medium heat and pull out immersion blender and pulse sauce until desire consistency. 


After 1-2 hours add turkey meat/sausage and add seasonings to taste. 



I miss you Aunt Zola!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment