Saturday, July 21, 2012

Breaking It Off With Lil Debbie, Butter and Much More


There is nothing like "making groceries" as my grandmother would say or going grocery shopping as we say these days. I absolutley love finding the best veggies, fruits and healthy items to snack on when I find myself desiring the bad stuff.

There are certain things that I myself run from and I felt the need to  shall share with you some of those things that I find offensive now. Imagine turning that corner and finding the ever present location of one of your favorite things -->> BUTTER! I know, I know - I hear what you are saying, Darian, Why won't you add some butter to that basket?" 


Noooo, Noooo, Nooo!! Butter is of the devil people. It clogs your arteries as well as brings extra pounds to places that are already struggling such as: belly, arms, legs, neck etc. The list is endless and take it from me, I totally cut out the butter from my palette and I LOVE the outcome. 

Today as I was having a great lunch date, the fiance snapped a picture of me on my phone. I finally saw some of the hard work paying off via the daily workouts and once I looked upon myself I was proud. I must admit , I was shocked and have to confess and admit that this weight loss thing is not easy but you must press forward and challenge yourself. I looked at my arms, chest and other areas and found that things are looking great. 



Anyone who knows me will tell you that I LOVED that sweet thing called Lil Debbie and all of her snack cakes. Swiss Rolls, Honey Buns, Chocolate Cakes and much more were my kryptonite and I had to break it off. My love affair with Lil Debbie goes back years and like any bad relationship, it had to end if I wanted to live. 



Now that I eat as clean as possible I don't even desire snack cakes and that feels damn good. I also gave up various juices that we actually think are good for us.  There are loads of juices out there including the good ole standby - Orange Juice. I actually squeeze my own juice daily and it is BETTER than the bottled up product that we believe is the best thing. 

I say this  - READ THE BACK OF THE PRODUCT! I promise you that you will be surprised, shocked and encouraged to eat better. Now don't get me wrong, I grew up on the hood drinks like Kool Aid, Jungle Juice and I never thought I would give them up. When you visit your dentist you will find that those sugary drinks aid in the decay of your pearly whites which can also lead to other sicknesses as well. 



I must go now, I'm feeling the need to whip up a huge bowl of fruit!!! Wish Me Luck!!! 


Darian 

No comments:

Post a Comment