Friday, July 17, 2015

Power Walking - It's My Addiction






Lately I have been on this power walk kick and boy I think it may just be an addiction. Listen I am so focused on getting rid of the last bit of belly fat that I've been carrying that I really havent even focused on how many miles I've accumulated these past few months.



I upped the mileage to six miles three days a week which includes:

1. Sunday - 6.12 miles
2. Wednesday - 5.98 miles
3. Saturday - 6.20 miles

I also think that the newly released Apple Music app also has something to do with it. I can been seen in my neighborhood with my handy homemade steel weight that helps with upper body resistance out and about and I only do it with my power walking.







Now let's talk a bit about the  benefits of power walking.

Author Katy Bowman said it best:

“Walking is a superfood. It’s the defining movement of a human. It’s a lot easier to get movement than it is to get exercise. Actively sedentary is a new category of people who are fit for one hour but sitting around the rest of the day. You can’t offset 10 hours of stillness with one hour of exercise.”


Gotta keep moving!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment