Tuesday, January 7, 2014

PHO MY WAY!!!




Lately I have been throwing caution to the wind and taking on preparing dishes that I never would have EVER thought of doing. From the ever so simple Turkey Meatloaf, which I must say was INSANELY good, to bigger dishes such as homemade healthy pizzas, my go to item aka Kale and now - The unbelievably goodness called - PHO.

I got my first taste of Pho ages ago and have been hooked ever since. The only downside is that it can be a bit high on the sodium scale.  There are tons of different ways of preparing it and I am gonna give you my version. Now please believe and take note - I am NO Food Network Star but a brother can burn in that kitchen.




I got a taste for it this evening and beckoned for the wife to accompany me to the local spot we frequent - Kroger- and before we both knew it, I was in front of the stove dancing to the smells coming out of my trusted pot.

I put a healthy spin on it cause you I wanna maintain the healthy lifestyle I am accustomed to. I do want to caution you that using whole wheat noodles is gonna be a failure BUT no fear, you can use rice or regular angel hair pasta as well.





Check it out:

ITEMS NEEDED:
2 Equal Sized Chicken Breast *Perfect for Grilling*
32 Oz box of Turkey Stock *You can use whatever you desire - Chicken, Beef*
2 Cups of Water
1/2  Chopped Onion
1/2 Chopped Bell Pepper
1 Chopped Carrot
Hand full of Cumin Seeds *Optional*
1/2 of Chopped Green Onion
1/2 of  Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1/2 Lime
1 Diced Jalapeno Pepper
2 Thumb Sized amounts of fresh ginger
Soy Sauce *Fish Sauce is Optional but salty - Watch Out*


ASSEMBLY:
1. Grill Chicken and set aside but be sure to keep warm.
2. Bring to boil in your trusted pot: Turkey Stock, Onion, Bell pepper, Green Onion, Carrot and light soy sauce.
3. At the same time of boiling your vegetables, prepare your noodles according to your desired time.
4. Chopped/Slice chicken breast and add to pot along with cumin seeds, Ginger, cilantro, lime juice and slices of jalapeno pepper.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Add noodles and broth to bowl and be in heaven. Also, many people add mint leaves, mushrooms, various vegetables.

*Oh So Good*

No comments:

Post a Comment