Monday, July 16, 2012

I'm Saving My Own Life


I recently banished sneaky sugary items from my food palette and let me tell you, IT WAS THE BEST DECISION I'VE EVER MADE. I know I am screaming with the caps but that change has caused me to feel like I have never felt before. 

I instantly stopped purchasing things like Little Debbie Snack Cakes, Gummy Worms/Bears, Doughnuts and replaced them with LOADS of fruits and veggies. I mean, imagine having a late night craving from some cookies or that juice that says it is healthy but isn't in the least bit, yet you decide on the healthy options? 

I promise you that a healthier eating regimen is all you need to feel better about yourself and that coupled with a great walk, run or jog will in the end with eventually trim your waist down- Trust Me On This. I actually workout 5 or 6 days a week for at least 30 minutes to an hour and it is the greatest feeling ever. I am scaling hillsides, running trails and enjoying the fanciest treadmills that money can buy and it feels DAMN GOOD. 

Just GET OUT AND MOVE PEOPLE!!!! 

Amazing Hill to Scale



I personally believe that you have to save your OWN life and begin to make changes that will keep you around here longer. I go with loads of Kiwi, grapes, oranges, apples and TONS of H2O. I LOVE fresh greens like Kale, Collard or Mustard Greens sauteed with some spices. ALWAYS add tons of greens to your plate daily and you will feel amazing. 



I can remember my blood pressure being BEYOND the required number and my doctor informing me that I needed to get a hold of that or I wouldn't be here much longer. I went from being on the dangerous end to now on the better end and boy does it feel good.  Wait, did I mention that even my shadow is slimming down? Yes my legs are beginning to look like sticks and I embrace the sticks people. 

Goofy but Fit

I have made a commitment to myself to save my own life and be around for my amazing fiance and my family. I am beginning to feel the pangs of being a dad and I want to be able to play sports with my future kids. I am also adding rock climbing to my list of things that I am ready to incorporate as well. 

I AM IN IT TO WIN IT! 

I have to go now, I have a early morning cardio workout along the river and with the sunshine that I MUST win. Wish Me Luck! 



Darian 

No comments:

Post a Comment