Saturday, July 7, 2012

FINALLY - The Results are Showing


This weight loss jawn has been a battle that has been ongoing for at least three years. I personally believe that I had to change my network of friends simply because NO ONE was eating healthy. Now before you come out of a bag on me, I simply realized that we ALL were overweight and no one was willing to change so, I DID.


On The Verge of being Obese 

Days upon days off listening to how someone upset them,Girlfriends/Boyfriend stress, financial struggle talks and much more begin to weigh on me and I had to BOUNCE. I took my energy and channeled it at the nearest running trail which is what I should have been doing anyway. My parents were avid workout fanatics and best believe their son is destined to be as well. My pops, who is a retired coach, runs miles daily and my mom was always at the gym. In other words, my folks were Sexy People. Thankfully they are still around and I believe it is because of their healthy lifestyle.

I have been struggling with accepting that my body has gotten better. I know, I know -"Dude, how silly can you be?" After some prodding from my fiance who has been with me every step of way, I decided to show how far I had come.  Now please don't get it twisted, the struggle of taking on the killer stairs and reaping the benefits has been a struggle but your boy handle it daily with ease and light breezes from the lake.


Killer Stairs


Staring Down The Stairs 

As I stated before, I took advantage of my local farmers markets and fresh produce at my grocer. After taking the pics, I realized one thing - Darian Murray, you have come SO FAR and it is no looking back. Many of the friends that I cut off have developed diabetes, heart disease and much more and although I miss them? I MUST LIVE.


To be able to breathe, live, love and eat right is everything for me. My family is excited and as my mom says all the time, "All You Need to Do Is Have Some Faith in Yourself."  Mother's know best!!!!

Coming on Down 


I have made a decision to not purchase smaller clothes UNTIL I am done with my desired weight . I LOVE it like this when my once tight clothes become baggy. I have to go now and face these stairs once again - Wish Me Luck!!


Darian

1 comment:

  1. As I read your blog, tears begin to flow from my eyes. Today I lost a dear friend of mine.. he literally dropped dead of a heart attack! He called my phone and spoke to me about his will (of all things) and less than an hour later the police was calling my phone telling me that there had been an accident and that I need to get to the hospital!!.Just that fast..he was gone! ...Good luck Darian! I think you've just motivated me to join in! Like you said to me....baby steps! Congrats and blessings to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete