Wednesday, January 8, 2014

SOMEBODY PASS THE HOT BROCCOLI


I believe this food blog thing is evolving and I am kind of excited about it. Being a guy who is always on the go, I really only have time to get home, prep dinner, blog and do the grown up things that a married man does.

I did however manage to whip up some healthy options such as my extra good HOT BROCOLLI. Being from Louisiana, anything spicy is all my taste buds desire. I will put hot seasonings on almost anything and this broccoli is no different.






It's easy, quick and will impress the family and being that it is good for you - You can not lose. There are 20 different ways to kick this healthy green thing up a notch so have at it.

*Side View of my Bowl*




INGREDIENTS:
1 to 2 Heads of Fresh Broccoli. *Non Frozen*
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
Handful of Cilantro
Fresh Diced Garlic
Half Diced Jalapeño or Poblano Pepper
Half of Lemon
Salt and Pepper
2 1/2 Parmesan Cheese
Red Pepper Flakes *Optional*

ASSEMBLY:
Pre Heat oven to 450
Wash Broccoli thoroughly
Toss Broccoli with olive oil, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, salt and pepper and spread out on baking dish.
Roast for 15-18 minutes. *It's up to you how long you desire*
Remove from oven and toss with parmesan, lemon juice and/or red pepper flakes.

DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment