Thursday, January 9, 2014

JUST PUT IT IN THE BAG!!!




Here I am jamming Chaka Khan's greatest hits and I almost forgot to share my recipe for my "Put It In The Bag Chicken". Now please believe that I am no rapper but I know how to cook some of my favorite dishes and share it all. This particular recipe is super healthy, the clean up is easy and it's not dry or too greasy - It's Just Enough!




Enough of my rambling, check out this awesome recipe that I paired with an amazing bed of lemon cumin brown rice. It only takes about an hour to prepare and before you know it, you will be in heaven. 









INGREDIENTS:
1 Whole Chicken Cut *Organic will work as well*
2 Culinary Parchment Bags
I Half of Lemon *Sliced*
1 Carrot - *Chopped*
1 Half of Red Bell Pepper *Sliced*
1 Half of Green Red Pepper *Sliced* 
3 Pinches of Cumin Seeds
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
2 Tablespoons of Cajun Seasoning

ASSEMBLY:
1. Pre heat oven to 435 degrees
2. Toss chicken, lemon slices, carrot, bell peppers, cumin seeds, olive oil, salt & pepper and cajun seasoning in bowl until there is an amazing fragrance coming from your bowl. 
3. Place 2 - 3 pieces of chicken in each bag and fold parchment bag under securely. 
4. Bake in oven for 45 mins or until desired. 
5. Serve over desired rice. 


ENJOY!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment