Friday, October 24, 2014

Last Night I pulled out the Crock Pot



I snatched up a very affordable crock pot from Target last weekend and boy I was itching to use it and use it I did. I mean it was super quick and easy and before I knew it?



My entire house was eating some good crock pot chili. Check out the quick recipe and get into it:

Ingredients:
1-2 15 Ounce can of Black Beans
1-2 15 Ounce can of Kidney Beans
1 28 Ounce can of Diced Tomatoes
1 6 Ounce can of Tomato Paste
Chili Powder
Garlic Powder
Red Pepper flakes
1 Tablespoon of Chia Seeds
1 clove of garlic
Half of an onion *Chopped*
1 1/2 lb of turkey meat
1 cup of hot water



Directions:
Add all ingredients in crock pot and cover for 5 hours on high. *Season your chili your way* Occasionally turned the chili so that it balances the flavors easily.  I prepared some fresh quinoa to balance the savory chili out - PERFECTION!!!




Insanely good!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment