Sunday, June 24, 2012

My Love Affair with Edamame



On this crazy yet excited journey of healthy eating/living, I made a conscious decision to try out foods that I wasn't particularly raised on. Now you must understand that I am from the south, yeah THAT south which consisted of such finger licking foods such as: Fried Chicken, greens, neck bones and the like.



Now please don't get it twisted, I occasionally fall off the no fried chicken diet and boy do I pay for it later with intense workouts. Thankfully me and the fiance came across this healthy picking which at first glance actually caused a pause to the waiter but thank God we said yes.

We instantly fell in love with Edamame which is full of protein and has a high value of nutritional value. There are various recipes consisting of this hearty snack which is actually easy to fall in love with. Rich in vitamins b & c, it can be added to a quick stir fry along with some hearty side of brown rice.

Check out this quick spot that shows you how to make prep it and remember it's not pricey and doesn't take long to steam and sprinkle with some salt and pepper or like myself, some spicy red pepper flakes.

Try It Out!!!





Source

No comments:

Post a Comment