Sunday, June 24, 2012

I Stopped by The Produce Section Today


Ahhh the joys and pains of loving the snack aisle at my local supermarket spot. I mean, who doesn't love those Debbie Snack cakes, Lay's potato chips and the ever present kryptonite *spellcheck* sweet - Cupcakes?




I personally like the ever present local Farmers Market in my city which often causes me to have empty pockets. Now don't get me wrong, I love super market spots like Super Target, Super Walmart and beyond BUT there is nothing like a fresh veggie moment.

As a young kid, my grandparents always went grocery shopping on Saturday's and it often consisted of stopping by the local meat market to get the freshest pieces. It also helped that the butcher knew us by our first names and always gave us the leanest selections as well. My personal favorite moments would be when we pulled over to the local produce market and loaded up on: Collard Greens, Squash, Peaches and much much more.




Oh the joy of seeing my grandmom heating up the pot and steaming some of our favorite veggies and afterward having some fresh fruit to fill our stomachs. On this weight loss journey I have embraced more veggies such as Kale, which I love and eat at least 4 times a week, grapes, watermelon and much more.




I challenge you to put down the snacks and make a mental note to reach for fruits instead of the calorie ladened cakes, pies and chips.


Until next time,


Darian

No comments:

Post a Comment